- A manifesto on the purpose of education
- The aesthetics of apocalypse
- A review of William Cavanaugh
- An invitation to contribute to a new series on neglected theologians
- Christianity is not about you and Jesus (this reminds me of the marvellous Facebook group: I am religious but not spiritual)
- Five annoying and five good words in theology (but he forgot to mention the “perichoretic dance”)
- Paul Ricoeur on why Karl Barth is worth reading
- Johannine theology and dogmatics
- The Augustine blog conference continues
- And an absolutely beautiful recording of one of Tom Waits’ concerts from his current Glitter and Doom tour (including performances of several of his great (anti-)gospel songs). There’s also a nice column describing the tour. Call me crazy if you like: but in the heavens and on the earth, there’s nowhere I’d rather be than seated amidst the Glitter and Doom.
Did the Church Create or Co-Opt Human Rights?
19 minutes ago