- It's official. Some churches are actually more evil than the devil
- And speaking of our cloven-footed friend, the world's stupidest Bible translation is underway. (I assumed this was a parody, but apparently it's horribly real. Much discussion in the blogosphere.)
- The Glo Bible, on the other hand, looks like fun. Very Mac.
- And another new Bible, illustrated by R. Crumb. You can see some of the controversial sex scenes here and here.
- A five-part video interview with Miroslav Volf
- A discussion of Sarah Coakley's inaugural lecture at Cambridge, on evolution and sacrifice
- Charles Taylor on Habermas
- James B. Torrance audio lectures: prayer and the triune God of grace
- On Oliver O'Donovan and Christian mission – with a response by Halden
- God as audience
- More on theologians and their crazy talk
- Investigations of Benny Hinn continue
- Essential books for preachers
- (In)essential systematic theology texts
- Best theological toilet book?
- And I'm sure you've heard by now of the Vatican's astonishing new apostolic constitution, opening the way for disaffected Anglican groups to enter into full communion with Rome. Evan has some commentary. And here's a video of Rowan Williams, pretending not to be stunned in the headlights.
Beyoncé and the Fertility of Forgiveness
5 hours ago